• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

USGS Dewatering Pump

I have a packaged pump I need to sell for my club and thought I'd toss it out here due to the vast crossection of our members regarding boating.

What I have is a "USGS dewatering pump" like they drop out of the helo's to vessells taking on water. I think it is a PB1 and it is still in the original "boxes with the pump mounted" in one and the hoses in the other. I also have 2 extra baffled rigid intakes and one roll-up discharge. I believe it is a 3HP pump. The unit is artound 6~8 years old and was a demo, it has about 5 hours of run time on it and is very clean.

Good for dewatering or even fighting fires using your swimming pool. I actually have two friends who live in wooded canyons that keep them in there garage just incase.

Any interest just PM me. I will try to get some pics as well.

Dave Neptune
  • Mo
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2007

Dave, if it has the name Wajax on it throw it into the deepest spot you can find....dealt with them and after fighting coming out of a helicopter if ferocious winds...then having to deal with a demon pump...f&*k that. Throw it over the side.
    Last edited by Mo; 05-15-2012, 04:56 PM.
    Mo

"Odyssey"
    1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
    The optimist expects it to change.
    The realist adjusts the sails.
    ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• Dave Neptune
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Jan 2007

Wow!

Mo, I'll check the name. I have used a few differant types over the years and never had a problem, but we weren't really banging around to bad.
      I really liked working with the one off the ole #2 FB here in LA. I got to use it on many boats one night when the tail end of a Hurricane came through LA and colapsed two marinas onto each other and a breakwater burm. I was in one and all behind me broke away around 1 am~really a jolt felt through the docks when she let go as a few pilings sheared off. Some of the boats were just plain old pushed up and over into the oil fields. The ones getting dragged back off the rocks were kept afloat as much as possible. The discharge on that pump is 12" in diameter and uses full "line preassure" on the syphon pump. Once tied down and the #2's pumps engaged it seemed as if the boats just popped back up almost instantly. One of the guys helping out didn't get the preassure line secured well and when the preassure was engaged the hose stiffened raised up and through the side of a flybridge on an old Chriscraft that was sunk against the burm.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• Mo
        Afourian MVP
        • Jun 2007

The problem with the WAJAX pumps was that they were so hard to start, if they would start at all...had to keep fooling around with them and not one of those SOB`s started like it should....should never had been purchased by the Navy (Canadian) but I`m sure some idiot that knows not a thing was well paid....just like everywhere else.
        Mo

"Odyssey"
        1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
        The optimist expects it to change.
        The realist adjusts the sails.
        ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

Working...
        X