• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

A vacuum gage

Wow, I'm so happy to see this from our MMI good guys, a wonderful diagnostic tool .
    I am rather well versed on the relation between vacuum and general performance consistancy.
    I have been asked for interpretations from time to time on this site and am open to questions.

Dave Neptune
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Dave, Did you have anything to do with the information provided in the periodic newsletter?

-Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• Dave Neptune
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Jan 2007

Gage

Shawn, no not directly that I know of. However I would like to think that with my correspondence with Don and many on this site about performance baselines that I did at least have a bit of influence.

That gage is how I set my cruise load and the rpm and speed may vary a bit due to a dirty bottom or an upcoming performance problem.

Dave

Comment

• ArtJ
        • Sep 2009

It would be nice if some sort of general acknowledgement of thanks was made when forum members contributions result in a new product or advance understanding of engine maintenance.

Comment

Working...
        X