X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

Yep, that's the sweet spot. Mine did the same when I got the timing dialed in.
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• GregH
      Afourian MVP
      • Jun 2015

swapped engines last evening. Now to spend rest of week getting it reset on the old shims and aligned with prop shaft.

Will tear this old one down for parts along with another partial engine I have in the garage.

chuffed to reach this point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220518_083217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	201567
      Greg
      1975 Alberg 30
      sigpic

Comment

• GregH
        Afourian MVP
        • Jun 2015

The engine has been in for a couple of months now and still tweaking things. Running rich so slowly getting that adjusted in but otherwise running very smoothly, idling around 900. Also still having slight low oil pressure but am dialing that in.

Am having an issue with the exhaust pipe. I reused the existing as there was nothing rusted out about it. But it "appears" have a small leak between the exhaust flange and the threaded pipe (along the threads). I originally tried to get the flange off but to no success. With a CO meter this is where I am detecting the leak. Before I rebuild the system, is there a sealant I can use to get through the rest of the season up here in Canada?
        Greg
        1975 Alberg 30
        sigpic

Comment

• GregH
          Afourian MVP
          • Jun 2015

So my rebuilt mechanical fuel pump is leaking gas. I could feel a little on the outside of the pump so removed it and was able to tighten down the bolts holding it together about another full turn. Reinstalled and ran the engine for a couple minutes. Could feel a little gas at the base where it joins the block. Wow is that fun to try and get on and off in a tight space, especially that rear block bolt, even with the sediment bowl off.

Then discovered that it was putting gas into the oil. Changed that out a couple of time and changed the pump over to the old one off the block I cracked and never caused me any issues. No issues now but I am wondering what I did to cause the new diaphragm to leak. I am planning to take it apart this weekend and see...
          Greg
          1975 Alberg 30
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X