Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keithems
    • Feb 2008

i did sail off a mooring for years with no motor and have sailed in many times and many places without one -- but i'm getting too old for that [also used to land engine out [single engine], but i'm too old for that also]

click on this -- then click on aerial view, then make sure the star is in the center of the screen, then resize if necessary:

i'm the 3rd dock from the right, my slip is nine out from the parking lot; prevailing wind is left to right, straight out from the parking lot

maybe i'll get one of the docks at the end in the future....

meanwhile, we have an almost unlimited supply of beer, booze, and chicken wings at hand for anyone interested....
    Last edited by keithems; 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM.
    keithems
    [1976 c&c 30 mk 1]

Comment

• ILikeRust
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2010

My college roommate for two years was from Buffalo and was always going on about sailing. He raced on Lake Erie on some J boats or something. I knew absolutely nothing about sailing back then (I know marginally more than absolutely nothing now).

His dad owned and operated Sanders & Sons Roofing, if you know that company. Supposedly they've been a big-time commercial roofer up there for decades. I think his grandfather started it. He went to work for the company after college.

Dunno why I spewed all that out; just suddenly remembered that and thinking out loud. I lost touch with him a loooong time ago, but I'm assuming he's still sailing up there.
      - Bill T.
      - Richmond, VA

Relentless pursuer of lost causes

Comment

• hanleyclifford
        Afourian MVP
        • Mar 2010

Still thinking about how this could be done in the boat. If you can construct the tool as described above and buy a set of "pre-reamed" bearings from Moyer Marine you could do the job in the boat yourself. The big problem would be knowing the final installed clearance which should not exceed .0025". As a first step you could use calipers or other accurate measuring device to get the exact dimensions of the bearing journals on your spare camshaft.

Comment

Working...
        X