Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > General Maintenance
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

#1   IP: 65.19.65.61
Old 10-14-2004, 06:19 PM

Question Oil Pressure Adjustment

Hello,
I purchased an oil pressure regulating kit from Moyer a year ago but am having a problem with total replacement. I replaced the spring but the original ball that regulates the pressure I have been unable to take out and replace with the cone shaped piece. The ball was wedged tightly, I assume due to sludge buildup, but I was able to work it free. I have never been able to extract it even though I am now able to adjust the pressure. I agree and believe that the new attachment should better regulate the oil pressure as now the pressure does pulsate quite a bit over various temperatures and rpm. Are there any suggestions as to how to extract the ball?
Thanks,
Stan
  #2   IP: 4.61.255.226
Old 10-15-2004, 02:16 PM

Stan,

I had a similar problem getting the ball out. I tried a strong pencil magnet at first, but then resorted to kicking the engine over a few times (raw water intake closed of course) and the ball rolled out.

Once I installed the new (earlier style) regulating kit I was able to adjust to a steady 40PSI.

Good luck

Regards,
B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewalker
Hello,
I purchased an oil pressure regulating kit from Moyer a year ago but am having a problem with total replacement. I replaced the spring but the original ball that regulates the pressure I have been unable to take out and replace with the cone shaped piece. The ball was wedged tightly, I assume due to sludge buildup, but I was able to work it free. I have never been able to extract it even though I am now able to adjust the pressure. I agree and believe that the new attachment should better regulate the oil pressure as now the pressure does pulsate quite a bit over various temperatures and rpm. Are there any suggestions as to how to extract the ball?
Thanks,
Stan
  #3   IP: 65.19.65.57
Old 10-22-2004, 05:12 AM

Thanks B,
I will try your suggestion.

Stan