Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Cooling System

#1   IP: 66.126.90.242
Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Oberdorfer M7 Built-in Cam Shoe

The previous owner of my C&C 33 installed a new Oberdorfer 202M7 water pump right before I bought the boat approximately 6 months ago. Immediately after purchasing the boat I noticed that she weep hole in the water pump was oozing oil - not bad enough to cause me to avoid using the boat, but bad enough to make a messy bilge after a few hours of operation. After reading posts here I am guessing that the outer seal is defective. So, I bought a water pump rebuild kit from Moyer. Even though I was just going to replace the seal, it's nice to have those extra parts on hand. So, I popped the old seal out and put a new one in yesterday, but haven't ran the motor yet to see if that fixed my leak. Long winded, but here's my questions. Has anyone had a water pump seal fail on a brand new pump before? Secondly, this pump doesn't even have a removable cam shoe. The cam shoe is actually cast into the body of the pump. There is a bolt on the bottom of the pump, but I think that is just a drain? Do all the newer Oberdorfers have this built in, non-removable cam shoe?