Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Classified Ads > For Sale - Engines and Engine Parts

#1   IP: 216.251.131.82
Old 07-24-2019, 06:42 PM

Old style atomic 4 for sale

Hey there,

New to the site so please bear with me.
We bought an old catalina 30 last year. It came with a rebuilt old style atomic 4.
The P.O. Figured the original motor was buggered, being a bit of a hot rod guy he started building a new motor. That was six years ago. Since then we’ve found the issues with the original motor: tank pick up tube was rotted, mechanical fuel pump was tired and plumbing teflon tape throughout the fuel system. It does have a fair amount of blow by and a knock at WOT but otherwise runs well.

Anywho, i am tired of fartin around with old engines and am going to repower with an out board ( i know , i know but they are just so quiet and trouble free !)
So the rebuilt engine is for sale. I don’t have any attachment to it and don’t feel like playing with it. If someone else needs one this could be a good opportunity for them. I am open to offers . I am located on vancouver island but i could bench run the engine on video for a serious buyer.
The motor has been run on the bench every fall and garage stored ( heated) for it’s rebuilt life, in it’s previous life it was a FWC unit.

Thats basically my story at this point, if anyone is interested or has any input, please let me know. I’m kinda new to sailboats and could use some friendly advice.anybody out there put an out board on their catalina 30 yet ?