Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > General Interest

#1   IP: 65.75.86.211
Old 05-14-2021, 11:04 AM
Frequent Contributor

HELP!

Actually, help wanted... a friend with an A4 is in the Jacksonville FL area and is looking for someone who knows the A4 engine to do some work. The marina mechanic is saying he doesn't work on gas engines, the usual drivel... and it's been my experience that to work on the A4, you need to actually KNOW the engine.
What my chum needs done is replacement of the exhaust and possibly the fuel lines right from the tank. He's seriously NOT mechanical and can't do it himself - and I'm in the Bahamas so I can't help.
It's possible that the exhaust is creating blockage which is affecting the engine's performance - he can't get it to rev above about 1600 or so. It could also be a fuel delivery problem - the lines are over 30 years old. No one has been able to properly diagnose the problem. Compression is 85 - 90 on all cylinders.
If you know of a competent A4 mechanic, or know your stuff and are in the area and want to lend a hand, let me know please.