• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arthur
    • Oct 2010

fuel problems

Originally posted by Don Moyer View Post
    Mike,

I agree with Jonathan and would add that your symptoms are also consistent with low fuel pressure. I'm attaching a troubleshooting guide to check your fuel pump.

Don
    don thanks for all your info on fuel related problems, i just purchased my 76 35 ft. pearson this summer an started having problems rite away, boat was on the hard for 6 years, after reading alot on your site about up grading a fuel system. i thought the primming bulb was a good idea except the coast guard regards this as part of an outboard fuel system the same as using an outboard tank for an inboard boat because it does not have a overboard venting system. my solution was to buy the racor filter with the primer bulb in the head of the fixture it has worked fine an i believe its more compliant an safer than using the bulb what are your thoughts art

Comment

• ArtJ
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by arthur View Post
      don thanks for all your info on fuel related problems, i just purchased my 76 35 ft. pearson this summer an started having problems rite away, boat was on the hard for 6 years, after reading alot on your site about up grading a fuel system. i thought the primming bulb was a good idea except the coast guard regards this as part of an outboard fuel system the same as using an outboard tank for an inboard boat because it does not have a overboard venting system. my solution was to buy the racor filter with the primer bulb in the head of the fixture it has worked fine an i believe its more compliant an safer than using the bulb what are your thoughts art
      What is the part number of the Racor filter with built in primer please/

Thanks

Artj

Comment

• Don Moyer
        • Oct 2004

Arthur,

Assuming the Coast Guard approves the design of the filter for inboard applications, it sounds like a good solution. However, I have no personal experience with the filter you're mentioning so you'll have to draw your own conclusions, with help from the input of others.

Don

Comment

Working...
        X