X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marian Claire
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2007

PT26 I would enjoy any updates/info. Not sure of your schedule but if you happen to be in the Oriental/Matthews Point area around the 11th of November let me know. That is the big thank you party here at Matthews Point known as the "Beast Feast". You are more than welcome to join in. I plan to be down here around that time and can help out with transport for resupply, a slip or just a visit if you end up in Oriental. I can try and repay some of the hospitality all of y'all extended to me up in the Chesapeake.
    Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• edwardc
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by PT26 View Post
      ...If you guys want I can post our MMSI number and you can follow us on vessel finder. ...
      Yes please. I'm already following one friend that way on his way to the Bahamas via the ditch.
      @(^.^)@ Ed
      1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
      with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

• PT26
        • Mar 2012

We’re moving right along today. The bay and winds calmed just as they were supposed to and it looks like we’re going to have great weather this week!

Dan, we might be in ORIENTAL by the 11th, it would be great to see you again and a beast feast sounds awesome

You guys can track us using our MMSI #338142627. I’ll try not to keep my beacon on in my bag when I go on shore this trip

—Trina
        Paul
        S/V PT26
        1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

"The Devil never comes to you with a pitchfork and a ball of fire"

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

P & T...thanks for the message. I was up in D.C. today for work, sorry I couldn't break out of my normal sorta local to Solomons office for a visit..

We'll catch you on the flip side in the spring!

You can also run pseudo-AIS with marinetraffic.com. It does suck battery on your cell phone/tablet/device with the GPS/cell chips.

Ed/Trina...can you explain to the rest of us how the MMSI# tracking thing works?

edit - nevermind - https://www.vesselfinder.com/ and plug in their MMSI #
          Last edited by sastanley; 10-31-2017, 08:07 PM.
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

• edwardc
            Afourian MVP
            • Aug 2009

Paul, Trina,

I just got notice that, after one year, the Dismal Swamp Canal has reopened as of Halloween! But they caution that there is a large amount of Duckweed present.

Last edited by edwardc; 11-01-2017, 03:42 PM.
            @(^.^)@ Ed
            1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
            with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

• sastanley
              Afourian MVP
              • Sep 2008

PT26 made it to Jackson Cr., Deltaville, VA today. That is about 50-53 miles from Solomons.

Attached Files
              Last edited by sastanley; 11-01-2017, 07:15 PM.
              -Shawn
              "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
              sigpic

Comment

• Administrator
                MMI Webmaster
                • Oct 2004

Not much wind and out of the north?

Nice run!

Bill

Comment

• PT26
                  • Mar 2012

Yesterday’s run was awesome. There was 10-15 gusting to 20 winds on the nose - was not in the forecast. The Chespeake Bay was kicking like a washing machine with 3-4 foot swells and rolling sets of much bigger. We dunked the nose plenty of times, but all is well. We slept like babies last night after we slipped into the Deltaville anchorage. Heading to Hamptons Roads today!

The only issue we had with our trusty A4 was when we ran it out of fuel right as we were making the turn to the Piankatank river. LOL OOPS!
                  Paul
                  S/V PT26
                  1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• PT26
                    • Mar 2012

Ok, anchor pulled and we’re on our way. I think the alternator belt needs to be tightened, I heard a couple chirps when we started the A4, but it stopped after a couple chirps. We’ll investigate soon.
                    —Trina
                    Paul
                    S/V PT26
                    1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• GregH
                      Afourian MVP
                      • Jun 2015

How often does vesselfinder ping your MMSI for updates do you know?
                      Greg
                      1975 Alberg 30
                      sigpic

Comment

• PT26
                        • Mar 2012

Our last trip boatbeacon worked in the background all the time. For some reason I’ve found on this trip that I have to manually ping it myself. Probibaly an update or setting that we need to explore so we ping more regularly.

Also, I’m thinking we picked up some water when we refueled underway yesterday. The A4 has a hesitant burp every now and again. We’ll be changing the water filter at the next stop (if not before)

—Trina
                        Paul
                        S/V PT26
                        1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• Administrator
                          MMI Webmaster
                          • Oct 2004

There was 10-15 gusting to 20 winds on the nose - was not in the forecast. The Chesapeake Bay was kicking like a washing machine with 3-4 foot swells and rolling sets of much bigger.
                          BTDT. Yuck!

Bill

Comment

• GregH
                            Afourian MVP
                            • Jun 2015

Looks like yer just about ready to tie up!
                            Greg
                            1975 Alberg 30
                            sigpic

Comment

• sastanley
                              Afourian MVP
                              • Sep 2008

Another good run. Willoughby Spit (the other end of the HRBT) is 96 miles from Solomons..I made that run helping Spencer deliver his new to him C-30 (with A4) a few years ago...So 40-45 miles today..next stop is somewhere south of Naval Station Norfolk which is about 6-8 miles south of their present position. Ed has done this run more recently, he probably knows where they are going next. I haven't been south of NSN on a sailboat in 35 years.
                              Last edited by sastanley; 11-02-2017, 09:32 PM.
                              -Shawn
                              sigpic

Comment

• PT26
                                • Mar 2012

We pulled into Norfolk yesterday afternoon.
                                We past a lot of boats on an in coming tide.
                                As we tied up to the city docks one of the thirty plus sailboat captains had to come over and ask "I saw your motor up and you we moving at 7 knots!
                                What kind of inboard do you have?"
                                We both smiled from ear to ear and replied "a Universal A4"
                                He replied " I had a hard time keeping up with you guys!"
                                lol, I've heard that before!

So the chirp was the alternater belt, I'm guessing the beating we took it loosened.
                                Quick easy fix, no spare belt used we tightened it up before it was damaged.
                                Checked the oil... Good.
                                Water seperater changed, she would burp a few times I'm sure that's it.
                                The fuel transfer pump stopped working in the wash while refueling and we took some water over the boat, that and it's a 12 micron filter I'm going to let the fuel out of it sit an see if it separates.
                                We are going to take it easy from here and head toward the Dismal swamp.
                                It's open
                                I'll update on the burp after the next run.
                                Paul
                                S/V PT26
                                1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

Working...
                                X