• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by edwardc View Post
    John,

I connected mine in Parallel with the electric fuel pump, past the Oil Pressure Safety Switch. This way it only counts the time the engine is actually running (more or less), and not the key-on time.

Probably just my OCD kicking-in. The extra key-on time before starting isn't going to amount to a hill of beans unless you somehow manage to leave the key on for hours at a time without burning out the coil!
    Always reassuring to know there are more OCD types in the platoon.

Comment

• marthur
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2004

Installed the hour meter 10 years ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	195504
      Mike

Comment

• Fstued
        • Jan 2014

engine hours

Right now my meter reads 2218 hrs. I have had the boat 7 yrs and I think I got it with just less than 1900 hrs. Thats about 45 hours a yr. I did the math for this old 1976 Newport and it comes out to about 54 hrs per year. So I believe the meter is pretty close to correct. I don't use the engine much maybe 1/3 of an hour per sail off the dock and back to the dock. Maybe 10 min out of the Shelter Island yacht basin and another 10 back in. I often sail if the winds right back into the slip.
        I haven't done much to the engine other than plugs and oil change in the time that I have had it but I think it is time for a rebuild since I am getting water dripping into the carb from the manifold so I guess there is a leak in the manifold allowing cooling water to intake portion of the manifold. Bummer, maybe I can just replace the manifold but since I am raw water cooled I am thinking all the cooling jackets are probably pretty bad. The manifold is very rusted and I couldn't find a gasket or remnants of one on it. Very strange.

Comment

• CajunSpike
          • Jan 2018

72 E27

Engine time gauge shows 530 hours. No idea if its right or not as just bought the boat.
          Thought it was funny as the poll does not go below 1000 hours.
          :-)
          Bill L.
          1972 Ericson 27
          Hull #61
          Atomic 4

Comment

Working...
          X