X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost in translation
    • Jun 2019

Thank you Moyer Marine!

I needed an MMI flange water pump to be delivered next day this week and the team there got it done. The pump is beautifully made and an improvement over the Oberdorfer I had before with many special features.

I was able to change it quickly enough Wednesday evening to make the race and the motor is running 10 degrees cooler than it did before.

Thanks again,
    Bailey
  • JOHN COOKSON
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Nov 2008

I had the same experience with the MMI pump.
    I ditched the tired Oberdorfer because it wouldn't stop leaking no matter what I did.
    After I installed the MMI pump my running temp at cruise RPM dropped 20 degrees, from ~150 to ~130. (RWC engine)

ex TRUE GRIT

Comment

• 2dogsnight
      • Jun 2012

I would like my motor to run 20 degrees cooler!

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
        Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 2dogsnight View Post
        I would like my motor to run 20 degrees cooler!
        1. Remove the thermostat and put a valve on the bypass. Closing the valve will direct 100% of the pump output through the engine.
        2. Try an acid flush. Even though you boat on a lake (as I recall) this will remove any stuff that might be in the water passages.
        3. Check the impeller to see if the vanes are flexible and don't have a curved "memory".
        4. Check the strainer\inlet from both the inside and outside the boat (the boat is on a trailer?) for stray bits of trash, such as plastic, weeds, so on.
        5. Buy the MMI water pump.

ex TRUE GRIT

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

LIT, I bought an MMI pump from another forum member several years ago, and it performs much better than the 202m3 Oberdorfer pump it replaced. I was working on upgrading my 202m3 to a 202m7, but then the Moyer option presented itself and I believe was a superior choice.

+1.
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X