Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Fuel System

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 98.237.192.199
Old 01-24-2021, 06:36 PM

Cannot safely fit late model carburetor into Ranger 29

Hi folks -

My engine now has a few Issues, and I have a mechanic scheduled to come take a look. However, there's a fundamental problem:
The oil pressure sender mounted towards the fore is forced out of the way by the (new) late model carburetor+adapter+flame arrestor.

This causes two specific problems.
1. Engine wouldn't start because the oil pressure sender shorted through the flame arrestor->carburetor->engine. I have temporarily "installed" a piece of electrical tape to prevent the short, but can't imagine this is by design -- or safe.
2. The minor adjustment I had to make to the mounting of the oil pressure sender to install the flame arrestor has resulted in an oil leak feeding from the engine into the oil pressure sender.

I do not believe the horizontally mounted flame arrestor would remotely fit in this opening either, but don't have the dimensions to prove it.

Was there some installation secret I missed? Am I just out of luck?

Images attached.
Attached Images