1972 Columbia 30 Trans & throttle linkage set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rando1201
    • Apr 2020

1972 Columbia 30 Trans & throttle linkage set up?

HI, I bought a 72 Columbia with a blow a4, just went through the whole process of getting it in the boat and getting it installed. Did all of the work myself except for the actual picking and dropping of the old/new engine. I even swapped a direct drive transmission for a V drive transmission. I am pretty amazed in my own abilities. And special thanks to people I have met online from this forum. So ya I am at the point where I started it up actually yesterday. Blew my entire weekend working on the boat, actually burned another weekend.

Long story short, does anyone have any references on where I can find out how the throttle and the transmission link up to the carb and shifting lever. Specifically for my boat? The ones in there now just dont make much sense unless something were extending them to the starboard side they just come in at a horrible angle. I just have no idea how I can get this to align right.
  • lat 64
    Afourian MVP
    • Oct 2008

Hi Rando.

A bit confusing here to start with. I am not sure you modified your boat to a vee-drive, or merely converted the donor engine to your boat's configuration.

Some of these old boats have low production numbers and a detailed design is hard to come by. Often they have been modified or upgraded way out of the original configuration anyway. Sometime that's good, sometimes it's bad.
    I have a Columbia 36 1969. probably not similar. I'm afraid you'll have to get familiar with the generic setup for the throttle and shifter for an A-4 to then sus out how to set your's up.
    This looks like a good thread to use reference photos. Can you post some of the setup on your boat as it is now(try to be patient with some of us that have low-bandwith please)?

Russ
    sigpic Whiskeyjack a '68 Columbia 36 rebuilt A-4 with 2:1

"Since when is napping doing nothing?"

Comment

• ndutton
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

The Columbia 30 had an A-4 V drive from the factory.
      Neil
      1977 Catalina 30
      San Pedro, California
      prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
      Had my hands in a few others

Comment

Working...
      X