X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiegomike
    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by BunnyPlanet169 View Post
    Exhaust Exshmost - what's under the yellow covers in your shop?
    Ah, that is a high performance VW engine at a friends house.

Comment

• sandiegomike
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by ndutton View Post
      Please be advised the off gassing of the zinc galvanizing is toxic at a minimum, possibly even deadly in a confined space. Stay safe.
      Thanks Ndutton, so noted.

Fired the Atomic 4 up today after installing the hot section of the exhaust. All ran well. I shut it down and went back through and and made sure all fittings and clamps were tight. Working at cleaning the boat tomorrow and will run the engine a bit more.

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

Neil is correct, but after several hours it stops. I had trouble finding black iron the right size/length, so my most recent one is again galvanized. If you dont' already have it, I also recommend some of the heat wrap that Moyer sells.

When my first section failed, the wrap held the structure together well enough (while leaking some smoke/steam/exhaust) that I was able to finish my motoring and investigate the issue at my leisure in the slip instead of playing with crumbling metal at a remote anchorage.

Keep everything well ventilated during this process!
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• sandiegomike
          • Jun 2016

Touching base

Hi all, just wanted to touch base and let you know the Atomic 4 is still running well after replacing the exhaust. Of course, I did a tremendous amout of other work also, not once, but in some case 3, 4 and 5 times.

Just thought I would say thanks again. I am trying to check in every once in awhile to see if I can answer any questions based on my limited experience.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of 2016!
          Mike Singer
          Oceanside Harbor, CA

Comment

Working...
          X