Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Overhaul

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 75.176.18.51
Old 03-07-2023, 12:02 PM

Remove head and manifold or leave well enough alone?

Hi All,
I recently acquired a boat with an A4 and have since removed the engine for repair of the boat and engine. The question is this: The exhaust manifold has some pretty bad flaking on the inside, at least what I can see from the exhaust port, and am considering removing it and the head for further inspection. The studs for both actually look decent from what I can see, and I dont see any leaking. Should I leave them on and risk further issues after reinstalling the engine, or should I remove the head, manifold and studs and replace all of the studs?
This boat has been in a fresh water lake since it was new 1n 1974 and has never seen salt water.

Tags
head, manifold, studs