Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Classified Ads > For Sale - Engines and Engine Parts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 167.165.222.44
Old 02-23-2021, 01:43 PM

Atomic 4 engine for sale in Chicago $1500obo

__SOLD__ Atomic4 motor.

My ATOMIC 4 IS OUT and awaiting a new owner! My P28 is in the water at Burnham Harbor in Chicago. I have lived aboard for over 4 years. Due to Covid, I got stranded on the river without a chance to get her out on the lake as I usually do during the summer. I confess I neglected to run the motor periodically throughout the summer. I was involved in a number of repairs and since I was dock-locked for the summer, running the motor in was the last thing on my mind. I know better.
> When I winterized the motor this last fall, it was rough running. Since I planned to repower this year anyway, I didn't address and servicing. I can report that in the 4 years that I have owned the sailboat, I have not had any issues with the motor. I sail into and off of my mooring can. So, I rarely go through a tank of gas in a season. However, since the boat stays in the water year-round, I motor 10 miles up the river in the Spring, and 10 miles down in the Fall. These "bridge runs", as they are lovingly referred to, can take up to 6 hours. Forward, reverse, full power, and sipping gas. It can be a real test of a motor's ability, and I have never had an issue. The motor runs at hull speed at 180 deg, no smoking...ect. I believe that the motor is original, so 1976

-Samuel Clemens-

Last edited by joematrix1013; 06-19-2021 at 04:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to joematrix1013 For This Useful Post:
TimBSmith (02-27-2021)

Tags
1977, atomic 4, atomic 4 engine for sale, for sale, Pearson