X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Indy
    • Oct 2014

Fuel fill hose recommendation?

I need to replace the fuel fill and vent hoses on my Catalina 27 and am looking for recommendations on suppliers and specs. I have found that type A2 seems to be required for the fill hose and would appreciate confirmation of that. For the vent hose, I can't really find anything; it looks like automotive type heater hose on my boat.

Thanks!
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

It doesn't matter what is in there now, A2 rated hose is a minimum requirement for gasoline fill and vent applications.
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• Indy
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ndutton View Post
      It doesn't matter what is in there now, A2 rated hose is a minimum requirement for gasoline fill and vent applications.
      Thank you, Neil and happy Labor Day. Any recommendations on removing the old hose would be appreciated. It's probably original and I anticipate not likely to release it's hold easily.

Comment

• ndutton
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Indy View Post
        Any recommendations on removing the old hose would be appreciated. It's probably original and I anticipate not likely to release it's hold easily.
        Sure. First, NO POWER TOOLS! You don't want any sparks when doing this project. Second, I recommend running the bilge blower during the project, start to finish.

The best way I've found to release old hoses is after removing the clamp, slice the hose about 3" longitudinally at the end with a razor knife (not across but in line with the hose) and then wiggle the hose back and forth. It should pop right off.
        Neil
        1977 Catalina 30
        San Pedro, California
        prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
        Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• joe_db
          Afourian MVP
          • May 2009

^ What he said! No sparks!

Here is what Worst Marine carries in this line:
          Joe Della Barba
          Coquina
          C&C 35 MK I
          Maryland USA

Comment

• GregH
            Afourian MVP
            • Jun 2015

A-2 is a good hose for fills and vents as it is rated for fuel as long as it won't have "sitting fuel". All other fuel lines should be A1-15.
            Greg
            1975 Alberg 30
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X