X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Ellis
    • Jul 2021

‘72 C&C 35 Atomic 4 ser177982 mod UJ

Hello, just purchased my first boat and so I’ve joined my first forum to chat about my power plant. If that’s not clear let me say I am ignorant to boats, engines, and forums 😂. So apologies in advance. We are in Tennessee and plan on getting out and down to Caribbean January ‘23. I have experience fiberglassing and contracting but engines not so much. I have a engine issue but am combing the threads before posting a new one. Anyways thanks to everyone who contributes and giving knowledge to us in need.
  • joe_db
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

I have a 1973 C&C 35 with an Atomic 4. Welcome to the list!
    Joe Della Barba
    Coquina
    C&C 35 MK I
    Maryland USA

Comment

• joe_db
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

I know this is not good news, but if ANY of the fuel system is original it needs to go. If it isn't leaking or dissolving it is about too
      Joe Della Barba
      Coquina
      C&C 35 MK I
      Maryland USA

Comment

• Sam
        Afourian MVP
        • Apr 2010

If it did not come with the boat order a Moyer Marine Univesal A4 service manual. Best $50 bucks you ever spent. Good to get terms/issues right when you seek forum help... or fix a problem when stuck down in the Caribbean.

Comment

• Al Schober
          Afourian MVP
          • Jul 2009

Welcome to the list! Hope you have a long and happy experience with your boat and her Atomic 4.
          The 'experts' here enjoy helping - they're certainly not doing it for the big bucks$$ Their expertise has come through years of experience and finding out the things that DON'T work! Fair warning - they don't always agree (which can get amusing).
          Yes, get the Moyer manual. It's a touchstone. Not the last word on some issues but a basic reference.

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
            Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Al Schober View Post
            The 'experts' here enjoy helping - they're certainly not doing it for the big bucks$$ Their expertise has come through years of experience and finding out the things that DON'T work! Fair warning - they don't always agree (which can get amusing).
            "All possible causes of a problem are discussed by forum members and solutions are offered to remedy the problem."

ex TRUE GRIT

Comment

• ndutton
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Al Schober View Post
              Fair warning - they don't always agree (which can get amusing).
              . . . and sometimes frustrating. We do the best we can considering virtually 100% of our observations and opinions are sight unseen and based solely on information provided by the poster. The challenge comes when the poster is non-responsive to questions. It doesn't happen too often but then again, often enough.
              Neil
              1977 Catalina 30
              San Pedro, California
              prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
              Had my hands in a few others

Comment

Working...
              X