• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roadnsky
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
    Brenda called tonite to say the booth is set up and we are looking forward to seeing our many friends. At various times during the weekend, Ken (our parts maven), Stephen (procurement, distribution, photography and all-around amazing fellow) and I will be there. Don and Brenda will be there for the duration. You will have no trouble telling who is who!

Admin Bill
    Man, do I wish I could get out there to meet everyone...
    Have a great show!!
    -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
    sigpic
    1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• sastanley
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2008

Jerry...$685 round trip on Southwest...They even have a non-stop tomorrow morning leaving at 0600!

We're trying to get up there tomorrow..sometime. Outside factors are trying to throw a monkey wrench into things, but hopefully the planets will align.

Speaking of planets...if you are an early bird..be sure to check out Venus as a morning star....pretty impressive and very close to another relatively bright star I think in the Leo constellation.
      Last edited by sastanley; 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM.
      -Shawn
      "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
      "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
      sigpic

Comment

• TomG
        Afourian MVP Emeritus
        • Nov 2010

Waiting in line now to enter. Hope to see you there, Bill! Beautiful day for a boat show here in Annapolis!
        Tom
        "Patina"
        1977 Tartan 30
        Repowered with MMI A-4 2008

Comment

• Administrator
          MMI Webmaster
          • Oct 2004

Great to see TomG today. No sign of Jerry. The booth was extremely busy from start to finish. One fellow even asked for permission to hug the engine we had on display!

Our location is Booth P1. It's not listed in the handout because we were granted space only a couple of weeks ago. Here's the layout:

Bill
          Last edited by Administrator; 10-05-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• sastanley
            Afourian MVP
            • Sep 2008

busy is good!

awesome! I was hoping to make it up today, but was unable..my back up plan is Monday.
            -Shawn
            "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
            sigpic

Comment

• roadnsky
              Afourian MVP
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
              Great to see TomG today. No sign of Jerry. The booth was extremely busy from start to finish.

Bill
              I'm there in "spirit" though!
              -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
              sigpic
              1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• TomG
                Afourian MVP Emeritus
                • Nov 2010

I was lucky enough to catch up with Bill and Don yesterday, but I was doubly blessed to meet both the lovely Brenda and the mellifluous Ken. It was a perfect day for "messing around in boats" and my bride allowed me the opportunity to attend the show unfettered. I stopped by the MMI space first, just as the show opened so as not to interfere with the normal folk. Having met Don and Bill last fall at Hanley's raft up on his trip down south (along with EdwardC), it was wonderful to meet Brenda and Ken in person. If Don is the brains behind Moyer Marine, Brenda is the heart and Ken, Steven and Bill are the soul.

Real estate at the Annapolis Sailboat Show is hard to come by - like season tickets to the Washington Redskins. Brenda got the word about two weeks ago that a space was available if they were ready. Not only did they pull it off, they had an A-4 on display there that, if my observations were a reliable indicator, will have all the bronze paint lovingly rubbed off by sailors appreciating this wonderful machine!

I promise I will not brag about my "MMI" hat given to me by Brenda. Or my new keychain!
                Tom
                "Patina"
                1977 Tartan 30
                Repowered with MMI A-4 2008

Comment

• ndutton
                  Afourian MVP
                  • May 2009

C'mon youze guys, you're killing me. Where are the PICTURES???

edit:
                  HATS??
                  Last edited by ndutton; 10-06-2012, 09:37 PM.
                  Neil
                  1977 Catalina 30
                  San Pedro, California
                  prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
                  Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• sastanley
                    Afourian MVP
                    • Sep 2008

Neil....don't worry..if I get up there tomorrow, there WILL be pictures.

edit - Made it..that Don Moyer is a legend..he and Stephen were so worried about my 35 year old engine and making sure it was running OK that I almost ate Don's lunch. I finally left so they could relax for a bit and eat....Brenda took a picture..hopefully she'll post it. Unfortunately for us guys, she was on the wrong side of the camera!

It was great meeting Don, Brenda and Stephen today. They had a beautiful Moyer casting engine on display in their booth. Hopefully next year they will add some widgets and other 'kits' that are popular sellers to the tent display to make their investment in the boat show worthwhile.

I did put on my MMI hat and heckled the Beta Marine guys when I passed by their tent.
                    Last edited by sastanley; 10-08-2012, 11:02 PM.
                    -Shawn
                    sigpic

Comment

• joe_db
                      Afourian MVP
                      • May 2009

Thanks for the hat !
                      Joe Della Barba
                      Coquina
                      C&C 35 MK I
                      Maryland USA

Comment

• edwardc
                        Afourian MVP
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sastanley View Post
                        I did put on my MMI hat and heckled the Beta Marine guys when I passed by their tent.
                        When I went by wearing the MMI hat and tried to engage them, they acted like I was invisible!
                        @(^.^)@ Ed
                        1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
                        with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X