Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > General Interest
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 69.131.19.202
Old 10-29-2021, 08:53 PM

Simple Wiring Help?

Hello Afourians,

I am writing with hat-in-hand once again seeking advice on my recently purchased Atomic 4. I have it on a bench in my workshop and am ready to winterize as temps drop here in NH. The engine currently has no alternator and limited wiring. I want to start it briefly to take in anti-freeze but am not sure if I have things set-up correctly with the electric system. I have connected the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid main hub (and negative cable to the frame of the engine). I then connected the Moyer Marine "Remote Starter Switch" to the starter solenoid main hub and s terminal. The distributor and coil are wired together as are the coil and electric fuel pump. The oil presssure safety switch is also wired.

Is this enough to start and run the engine from an electrical perspective? The person I bought it from started it on a bench in front me, I am just having difficulty reproducing! So far the starter cranks but that is it. I have cranked 5 times / 4-5 seconds each time without success. It is also cold in my workshop, perhaps I also need to work the choke with greater skill. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appriciated!!!! Thanks so much.

Robert