Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 174.218.164.122
Old 06-21-2019, 10:50 PM

Can’t shift into forward detent or get reverse

I have an Atomic 4 in a C&C 36 with pedestal shift and a friend left it in reverse for a week. My shift handle is stiff and so it remained in reverse after he shut off the engine even though there is not a detent in reverse.

The next weekend I found the boat did not go into gear in reverse and lost the detent to go into forward. The boat would only slowly proceed forward. It was as if the neutral region of the shift lever had become extremely large.

I worked on adjusting the collar tonight but can not get the fingers to engage with the cone, regardless of turning the color or releasing pressure on the 3/4 nit that controls the reverse tension. What am I doing wrong? I have removed the pedestal cable to ensure there is no complication there.

I’m attaching two short videos of what I see and welcome all advice.https://photos.app.goo.gl/cZzMUEHKUHCFQ9q5A

Tags
adjusting collar, forward, reverse, shifting