• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOHN COOKSON
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by orcaspirit View Post
    . However I was getting some crappy/water in fuel (which did happened) and not running right. So I pulled the fuel system and pulled the carb to blow it out and clean all filters bowls etc. Not changing any of the settings. It san okay for a bit but not completely happy.
    Any thoughts?
    Did you clean out the fuel tank also? Unless the engine is fed a diet of pristine clean fuel it will never run right if it starts at all.
    +1 on what Neil said; Don't understand how changing the manifold gasket will solve a water leak. A picture would be helpful.

TRUE GRIT

Comment

• marthur
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2004

I just recently went to a larger boat and I do miss the A-4 for the quiet and downwind motoring odors.
      My exact situation. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the smell of diesel and there is plenty to satisfy me so I am not complaining. But keep in mind, the new to me Yanmar already has a name: Thumper! Thumper runs!

If it is any help, Thumper stopped thumping on the delivery trip this May because of bad fuel (diesel bug and water). So that is a problem you can't avoid by going to the dark side.
      Last edited by marthur; 06-20-2017, 05:45 PM.
      Mike

Comment

• Dave Neptune
        Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
        • Jan 2007

MIke, which Yanmar do you have and in what?

Dave Neptune

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ndutton View Post
          Hold on just a minute. The manifold gasket does not seal water passages.
          Is it possible he is mistakenly thinking of the flange gasket (which also should not be pissing water, but it might in certain circumstances like a blocked exhaust.)

Anyway, let's see what happens next. As Dave Neptune noted, pictures, or a short YouTube video REALLY help a lot.
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

• Easy Rider
            Afourian MVP
            • Feb 2007

"A lot of blow by with unspent fuel and exhaust/soot"

I also think he might be referring to the manifold /exhaust gasket.
            Chuck

71 Ranger 29

Comment

Working...
            X