View Single Post
  #13   IP: 207.255.190.7
Old 06-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Afourian MVP Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndutton View Post
I was thinking the same as Tom. If you're committed to the vintage panel then by all means do whatever it takes. If not, you have all the elements available here to make your own and it can me anything you want.

The reason I asked about existing dimensions was to determine if there would be any fiberglass repair necessary if going with a new Moyer recessed panel enclosure. There isn't.
Neil, It's hard to tell from the picture that Son posted, but it looks like the instrument panel recesses into a lazarette so I'm thinking he's not too limited in depth. Without knowing what's behind it, it's hard to recommend anything other than general ideas. It looks like the 8x8 Panel Enclosure would work, but it might just a little shy to cover the area where the ignition switch and choke lever, blower, whatever else those knobs are. I would guess that the 8x8 would work nicely and a little cutting with a jig saw is all that would be needed to get it fit. Like you, I was thinking of ways to solve the problem without laying up or glassing the hole, although that is an option as well.
Repowered with MMI A-4 2008