View Single Post
  #18   IP: 69.250.111.245
Old 12-15-2021, 10:39 PM
Afourian MVP

Jo, I think I saw this same post over on the C-30 or A4 FB forum. It reminded me I have a nice plastic "chisel" I would start with, and personally, I would shift to metal razor blades after that, or even the plastic razor blades I've come to appreciate in recent years.

Sorry, no input on the studs except that let's hope you are getting them reliably enough to equal what Moyer's offered. My only comment here being that Moyer always makes sure the stuff they sell fits. Unfortunately, it seems like the global supply chain issues have crept into our little niche motor.

-edit - another option is to remove the old studs to see if they fit the bill for re-use. You can put two nuts on a stud and cinch them together with two wrenches, and then try to remove the stud cleanly with one wrench, and inspect it for re-use. I have a project A4 in my little shop that only turns about 130° rotation, and I suspect I will need to employ this technique after I pull the head to unfreeze the crank.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 12-15-2021 at 10:49 PM.