View Single Post
  #6   IP: 69.250.111.245
Old 11-21-2021, 11:29 PM
Afourian MVP

Ugh, sorry Joe...I definitely had trouble when the weights were sticky...however, mine would not even run with the throttle down when I later learned the advance weights were stuck..Fortunately, I had a couple old school Harley guys cruising on another boat and we solved the issue on the dock later. Anyway, I probably wore out the clutch plates a bit that day since she would only run at 2,000 RPM, but I told the dockmaster in Cambridge, I was having a bit of trouble and I was coming in hot and please do not be alarmed. We docked without smashing into anything, cleaned the dizzy & weights and no problem the next day.

My buddy Spencer with a questionable condensor could not even get the motor to run..a $10 part and it ran great when we replaced it..I would have extras on hand in my world if I did not have electronic ignition.

Timing: Depending on your motor, in the Cat 30 world, putting the timing mark on the accessory drive, which we have great access to, has been a fabulous upgrade in timing checks, thanks to innovations by Neil and Thatch. I can dial that sucker in no problem. You could easily set the 17° number on the flywheel cover too, with a protractor and a level.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 11-21-2021 at 11:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sastanley For This Useful Post:
TimBSmith (11-22-2021)