View Single Post
  #22   IP: 24.15.213.195
Old 10-15-2021, 04:56 PM
Afourian MVP

Just a couple of comments - if the hotter rj12c plugs are not available I would default to THE RIGHT SIZED j8C which used to be the standard recommended plugs by Universal. Point two - since you changed the fuel pump you probably lost "siphon" from near bottom of tank, the fuel pump "pushes" better than it draws and the height of the fuel level in the tank may be too low for the pump rise? I would prime all the lines with fuel [I used a turkey baster] and give it a try - it worked for me. [ For kicks I would still pump out the bottom two gallons of fuel which after a couple of years is a fuel/water mix to some degree.] This all assumes you have needed good spark first which sounds like you initially had. Check all your battery/power/ground connection for tightness or visible or invisible corrosion. From your failed starting fluid diagnostic test I think you may be missing "fuel delivery" and/or "spark". After all of this and the other forum suggestions I probably would question the EI integrity. Good luck.