Thread: Indigo FWC
View Single Post
  #20   IP: 72.218.163.249
Old 12-23-2018, 07:26 PM

To answer your ?s:
The HX is in the lazerette. Hoses: seawater-5/8, coolant- 3/4 and pressure gauge to the diverter 1/2
The pump is in a locker next to the engine and is about 3 feet lower than the HX.
This thing takes hardly any effort to bleed. The pump shuts down when the impeller is dry then restarts a few seconds later. I'm adding water at the HX as the air is bubbles out. I did this several times during my testing.

Today was an all in test:
The cooling water was cloudy at worst, nothing large enough to get caught in the filter so I removed it.

I ran the A4 at 1000rpm with a barnacled prop engaged ( big load) for 15 min. the temp was 100- barely off the pin.

I'm sitting in the cockpit in the sun just listening. Then the engine sputtered once. I look at the temp- 200!

I slowed to idle, disengage the prop and shut down. Turns out the jumper I had on the pump lead fell off.

I re connected it, restarted, engaged prop, went to 1k rpm again and it cooled off quickly (like a minute)to 120 and stayed there till I shut down 10 mins later.

I'd say this test was a success, especially it's ability to cool off while under load.
Attached Images

Norfolk, VA

Last edited by alcodiesel; 12-23-2018 at 07:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alcodiesel For This Useful Post:
thatch (12-24-2018), TimBSmith (09-28-2022)