View Single Post
  #18   IP: 207.32.168.30
Old 10-29-2020, 02:30 AM
Afourian MVP

I don't understand. If the yard pressure tested the engine by blocking off the cooling system minus the water pump, does that mean the pump was not blocked off, and was included n the pressure test? If so, no wonder there is a small pressure leak. I assume they meant that they blocked off the cooling system including the water pump. If you have an internal leak in the block, and especially if your A4 is raw water cooled, it's time for a new engine. I recommend a Moyer rebuilt A4, to avoid all the other modifications that go with changing to a diesel, not to mention the noise and the smell. What tests had the yard done before they told you there were no more tests to do except to find the internal leak? Did they test compression? Did they test the block and manifold together? Did the yard even check the water pump? All they had to do was remove the pump and look at the back of it for foam around the seal. It will be immediately apparent what the problem is. I hope you don't find that the next owner of your A4 only had to replace the pump to fix the leak into the crankcase, and you spent several thousand dollars unnecessarily.
The Following User Says Thank You to capnward For This Useful Post:
TimBSmith (10-29-2020)