View Single Post
  #12   IP: 47.142.133.234
Old 10-19-2020, 01:35 PM
Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallowai View Post
Good News!

The front cylinder (of 2 that had no compression) now has compression, so thats 3 good cylinders out of four. I switched to the 1/3 transmission fluid 2/3 acetone concoction on this trip and am soaking the cylinders for another week in this stuff. BTW ...heres a funny.... I used a double plastic cup to mix it up and as I was holding the cup and squirting it in the cylinder heads, the acetone melted thru the cup and splashed everywhere, lol... live and learn!!

I did try to start the engine on three cylinders but it wouldn't fire at all due to all the MMO and penetrating oil that was present in the cylinders. What is a good proceedure to clear out the head of the cylinder properly so I can get a proper spark? Is all this MMO gonna gunk up the carburator (maybe, maybe not)?

Thanks Again
Keith
KEEP AT IT. If you can get the engine to start on three cylinders, which you should be able to, betcha the fourth will free up by itself. The carburetor might not need cleaning first - give it a try - what's to loose? You could try draining the carburetor but access is very poor on a Cat 27 so not sure you could do this.
YOU'R ONLY ONE STEP AWAY FROM VICTORY.

ex TRUE GRIT
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHN COOKSON For This Useful Post:
kcallowai (10-19-2020)