View Single Post
  #8   IP: 174.255.130.237
Old 06-15-2021, 01:31 PM

Update

Overheating issue:
I adjusted the valve going to the thermostat by a quarter turn and the heat hasn’t gone above 150 for about an hour of running time. What does this tell you all? Btw, the first 15 minutes of running time were constant running and the other 45 minutes were of on and off testing of the oil pressure). Which brings me to the second part, which also has me perplexed…

Oil pressure:
No matter how I adjust the oil pressure valve (almost all the way out, half way in or all the way in), the gauge starts and stays at ~0 unless I rev the engine and then it only goes up to a bit less than 20. Any ideas?
Notes:
1. Before starting the first time, I saw that the oil valve was way way out so I turned it clockwise about two turns;
2. Then, for the next hour or so, I turned the engine off then adjusted the valve and started again to check if there was any difference for a few minutes and then off again, adjusted, check a few minutes and off again; and finally
3. when I turn the engine off, the oil pressure gauge shoots to a reading of ~30

Last edited by Ando; 06-15-2021 at 01:43 PM.