View Single Post
  #1   IP: 75.69.198.158
Old 10-08-2021, 11:41 AM

Question on Cooling System Fittings Dimensions

Hi,

I have a late model A4 on a Pearson 28-1 and after 5 years as owner I am starting to see some temperature issues. I am successfully using the bypass valve to moderate temps in the 165 range. All good. But I need to remove and check out the t-stat thinking it may be no longer working properly. Also going to do a white vinegar wash (afraid an acid wash to remove too much and plug the exhaust).

The hoses are on the fittings very tightly and I believe I will need to cut them off. Before doing so I want to make sure I have the replacement hoses ready to install. Attached are a standard MM picture of the hoses in question. Are these 5/8 inner diameter?

Also, I noticed that there is a write tape of sorts wrapped around the hoses under the clamps to protect them from cutting into the hoses. Similar to plumbers tape, but some sort of fabric? I do not have a pix handy. My guess is that this is a pretty standard thing the yard would do when replacing hoses and/or clamps. Any ideas on what that material called?

Thanks in advance!

John
Attached Images