• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

Originally posted by TomG View Post
    Thanks Neil, I appreciate the compliment. The MMI rebuild had maybe 20 hours on her when I bought the boat. She does look beautiful, but the hard work came from Don and MMI.
    She's gorgeous any way you approach it. Very nice.
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• lat 64
      Afourian MVP
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Rod Worrell View Post
      Russ, on your water pump, what is the protrusion dimension at the power take off pully. Seems that I could add a small front access hatch in front of our A4 and be able to fit the pulley and pump on ours. The heat exchanger location may be another issue. Let me know though. Thanks
      only the nuts on the pulley touched the engine room door. I just bored a hole with a hole saw. I haven't covered it yet.
      I don't have the size of the pulley but maybe this pic helps you get the size of it. It's a two-part unit. The wheel bolts to the hub:

I have a nice big engine room but it's still rather cramped for taking a nap.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lat 64; 04-04-2014, 12:20 PM.
      sigpic Whiskeyjack a '68 Columbia 36 rebuilt A-4 with 2:1

"Since when is napping doing nothing?"

Comment

• bacon
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by seapadrik View Post
        Here goes:

1976 Ericson 29

FYI: The battery compartment is just behind the engine bay.
        This is fantastic, is there a category for ugliest? kinda a rat rod type? thats more my speed currently!

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
          Afourian MVP
          • Dec 2008

Some nice looking engine rooms in here!

Comment

• Roadking Larry
            • Mar 2014

To the best of my knowledge this is original condition on my 1976 Cal 2-27

I ran it today for the 1st time since I bought the boat in February which was only ran long enough to see oil pressure come up good. And only the 2nd time it's been started in 2 years. A little slow to start the first time but ran smooth once it kicked over and no visible smoke out the exhaust.
            I need to change a few leakey hoses and it ooks like the alternator is dead but all in all I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
            X