View Single Post
  #8   IP: 23.251.193.2
Old 10-19-2020, 11:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

Three cylinders now have compression!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcallowai View Post

I was out last weekend and added the Kano Kroil to each cylinder, then cycled the motor, added MMO to each cylinder and cycled the motor, then added MMO in each cylinder to let it sit for a week. I will be down there again in the weekend to see if anything unsticks / check compression ... if nothing frees up I will try the transmission-acetone concoction...

Thanks everyone for all the feedback ... I dont feel miserable and alone in this, lol!
Good News!

The front cylinder (of 2 that had no compression) now has compression, so thats 3 good cylinders out of four. I switched to the 1/3 transmission fluid 2/3 acetone concoction on this trip and am soaking the cylinders for another week in this stuff. BTW ...heres a funny.... I used a double plastic cup to mix it up and as I was holding the cup and squirting it in the cylinder heads, the acetone melted thru the cup and splashed everywhere, lol... live and learn!!

I did try to start the engine on three cylinders but it wouldn't fire at all due to all the MMO and penetrating oil that was present in the cylinders. What is a good proceedure to clear out the head of the cylinder properly so I can get a proper spark? Is all this MMO gonna gunk up the carburator?

Thanks Again
Keith

Last edited by kcallowai; 10-19-2020 at 12:34 PM.