View Single Post
  #10   IP: 206.125.176.3
Old 05-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Afourian MVP

oil pressure poll?

Hi Bill,

Great idea..I also like roadnsky's additional details for his particular situation provided.

Here's mine: 160-165 at 1,500 RPM. For now that's my 'favorite cruising speed'. The speedo says 4.6 knots , but it is new and not calibrated.

What about a similar poll for typical oil pressure? I dunno how well that would work since that reading probably fluctuates moreso than temp, but I would assume most have a 'standard range' they see at their favorite cruising speed which could be detailed in a topic reply after the poll entry.

Edit - update time.

So, now that I have been using the boat a little more I have been experimenting with the bypass lever.

With it wide open, I am closer to that 165 F & it fluctuates a bit...it'll go above 170F and then down to 160. When I close the bypass all the way, it is much more stable at 155-160F, but I also notice not as much exhaust flows out of the pipe either. I would assume this is because until the thermostat opens, only the small amount of water sneaking thru the closed t-stat is making its way to the exhaust. Is there any other place water can get to the manifold besides thru the t-stat bypass or the t-stat itself?
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 08-25-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: update