View Single Post
  #20   IP: 72.89.235.180
Old 09-22-2018, 09:24 PM

Flashback

Reading your account of your trip brought me back to when I took my trip out of mt. Sinai harbor to port Jeff. My sister came along and very glad I had the extra pair of hands. It must have been 15 gusting to 20 with a new (to me) Pearson 30. That was a good sail. I would most definitely heed the advice of the knowing ones on this forum and pressure test the engine first. Just from the outside look of that engine I think it would call for a complete rebuild. Of course money as it is too offen in life can be a deciding factor in the decision. I probably spent way more than I should have on my rebuild. I learned way more than I could have ever imagined. know just about every nut and bolt on that engine. That is priceless. I got some cool new tools to boot. It turned out ok on mine but I took a big risk not pressure testing things first. I would most certainly convert to fresh water cooling no matter how deep the rebuild goes.

I think I can speak for some if not all that we are excited for you and your brothers new endeavor. One thing I can tell you if you haven’t noticed is that due to its scimitar rudder p30’s don’t behave in reverse all that well. It takes a bit of getting to know it’s reversing characteristics.

Good luck. Keep posting when you can.