View Single Post
  #12   IP: 71.244.241.97
Old 11-27-2017, 10:56 PM

I thought it would be difficult to flood this engine as well, but they symptoms certainly appear to be pointed in that direction. If I catch it in the first few attempts, a very quick shot of starting fluid (motor crack) will fire it right up. After 8 or 10 attempts, starting fluid doesn't make a difference. My problem is that I don't like using it, so I normally don't try until it is too late.

I haven't tried the waiting 15 seconds between tries, but will do that. I am using my choke and it was fully closing before. When the engine does start, I have to open the choke pretty quickly to get the engine to idle/run properly. It runs pretty slowly and rough with the choke closed.

I just tried the full open throttle (old time flooded engine fix) this one time. I'll give it another shot next time I make it home before dark to see if it really is flooding.

edwardc, I was hoping to run into you before you pulled yours out, I believe we are neighbors. I'm at White Rocks and I thought you had said you were at Oak Harbor. Perhaps next summer!

Steve