Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Indigo

Check it!

I blame it all on Dave Neptune
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sastanley; 05-11-2010, 02:33 PM.
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic
  • thatch
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2009

Furniture?

Shawn,
    Nice looking coffee table, so what else is new?
    Just kidding, WOW! Tom

Comment

• Dave Neptune
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Jan 2007

Nice

Not my fault, Shawnyou bought it! All kidding aside you'll love it, especially how quiet it is in the water and how much steadier the rudder will be.
      You gonna try the galvanic "clean albeit sacraficial prop" application? I still use a zinc and have my diver keep it brushed clean.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• keelcooler
        • Oct 2008

That's a keeper Shawn. I need one so I can brake my 1500 rpm ceiling. Please tell us the deal details $.

Comment

• Triton106
          • Jan 2009

I don't need the temptation, I cannot afford it.

This is evil. It's like putting glazed donuts in front of people who are trying to lose weight.

Comment

• Kelly
            Afourian MVP
            • Oct 2004

I don't know about glazed donuts but if we look at the pictures carefully, there seems to be a case of beer, some Pepsi and cat food. With a prop like that, it's over for the donuts.
            Kelly

1964 Cheoy Lee Bermuda Ketch, Wind and Atomic powered

sigpic

Comment

• sastanley
              Afourian MVP
              • Sep 2008

wow!

Originally posted by Dave Neptune View Post
              Not my fault, Shawnyou bought it! All kidding aside you'll love it, especially how quiet it is in the water and how much steadier the rudder will be.
              You gonna try the galvanic "clean albeit sacraficial prop" application? I still use a zinc and have my diver keep it brushed clean.

Dave Neptune

Dave,
              I will do the zinc. I get claustrophobic under boats, but I can usually get up enough courage to scrape my own prop with my mask. (you veterans of the forum may remember, when I first bought the boat it was so slow & sluggish that I had a diver buddy with air clean it the first time & it made a world of difference). - The C-30 stock prop has TONS of prop wash on the rudder and it is noisy, etc...we'll see how it goes. I like the little winglets, and not being an engineer, but an observant consumer, it appears they should disperse some of the wash I get from the OEM 12" prop so close to the hull.

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
              I don't know about glazed donuts but if we look at the pictures carefully, there seems to be a case of beer, some Pepsi and cat food. With a prop like that, it's over for the donuts.
              You guys don't miss anything!!!
              Don't forget the Coke Zero - I like to mix that in with my Sailor Jerry - I took this pic in the garage...I also get the luxury of the "old" front door welcome mats at the garage entrance as my wife changes seasons, and the cat came with the wife. She's a pretty good cat though, and we are thinking about taking the cat cruising with us, and that comes from a dog guy.

Originally posted by keelcooler View Post
              That's a keeper Shawn. I need one so I can brake my 1500 rpm ceiling. Please tell us the deal details $.
              I don't want to give all of the details away out of respect, but Tom @ Indigo contacted me after following the "CDI prop" thread and offered me a deal that worked for my C-30 with a 1" shaft. I do know he had a couple other units, so give him a shout. I also bought the oil change/filter kit which I had been eyeing too...this might take care of my oil pressure problem, since Tom has hardware included to replace the stock Universal oil pressure ball regulator thingie.

I am in talks with my yard friend now about prop change...probably next month...gotta get the stick up first! It is still a sailboat!!!!

Ok - so maybe this pic will help Kelly. Notice, I try to not let the soda take too much room in the beer fridge....

edit- I will make a comment that one of my biggest concerns with this prop was it being a big-huge-three-bladed prop that I was dragging around under my sailboat all the time...it is NOT a big huge prop, and it is (speaking from a relative perspective) kinda small...which is GREAT for sailing. Sometimes pictures on the Internet are all about perspective...I have friends that know Tom and trust his engineering...which is why I jumped on the deal for this prop.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sastanley; 04-22-2010, 12:55 PM. Reason: multi-quoting & more pictures!
              -Shawn
              "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
              sigpic

Comment

• Kelly
                Afourian MVP
                • Oct 2004

Very nice. Keep that prop on ice and you may not have any problems with fowling once it's in the water!

I think that what makes me hesitate about buying a prop like this one is I'm worried my displacement hull would feel strange planing across the water.
                Kelly

1964 Cheoy Lee Bermuda Ketch, Wind and Atomic powered

sigpic

Comment

• sastanley
                  Afourian MVP
                  • Sep 2008

Ha ha. I sent this pic to a few sailing friends and one asked me which powerboat I bought with the prop - knowing full well my boat and its displacement?

BTW - 10,500lbs on the C-30 with a LWL of 25'0". Even though this is a cruising boat, I try to keep her light, so maybe only add 500 lbs. worth of junk.
                  -Shawn
                  sigpic

Comment

• Dave Neptune
                    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
                    • Jan 2007

25'

Shawn, FYI I also have a 25 ft waterline however my boat weighs in around 15,200 pounds and the Indigo as I stated works fine. I also tow a 10' fiberglass lapstrake rowing dinghy most of the time.

You should notice the quiet and lack of buffiting right away. Is your diver going to install it for you?

Good luck Dave Neptune

Comment

• sastanley
                      Afourian MVP
                      • Sep 2008

I will haul the boat for installation. I suspect I'll need a puller for the old prop which I am about 99% sure has never been removed. I have also noticed that I think I have an alignment problem too, so it is possible that I've ruined the cutless bearing. Visual inspection needed.

Tom gave me a good deal on this prop so I picked it up...I may not get it installed right away, but I decided not to pass up the opportunity.

Dave, the reasons you mention are exactly why I got the prop...we had a summer cruise last year that was mostly motoring..I had a bruise on the inside of my leg from the propwash!
                      Last edited by sastanley; 04-22-2010, 09:09 PM.
                      -Shawn
                      sigpic

Comment

• thatch
                        Afourian MVP
                        • Dec 2009

The truth please

Shawn,
                        I'm envious of you for your latest acquisition. I'll be waiting for your reaction once It's installed since I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to hull and engine combo. I've been looking at the fridge photo and I think that rather than it being a "scale" shot, it is probably that you are just a little bit drunk with pride over your new prop.
                        Congrats, Tom

Comment

• sastanley
                          Afourian MVP
                          • Sep 2008

Tom, I think you are right..I grin every time I see the prop...even as it just sits here in the garage waiting for installation
                          -Shawn
                          sigpic

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
                            Afourian MVP
                            • Dec 2008

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_j9QeUoPOi4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_j9QeUoPOi4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• thatch
                              Afourian MVP
                              • Dec 2009

&quot;The Martians Have Landed&quot;

Boy am I confused!
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X