• Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

Tom is the guy for what you "need".

Dave Neptune

Comment

• keithems
      • Feb 2008

yes -- he already got back to me..sent the installation intructions, pricing for a shutter, etc., etc..

i can't tell you how gracious he has been and how much i appreciate his -- and your -- help..

right now i did the normal tuneup -- changed points and condenser, etc., and a4 is running fine..however, i'm 76 and really don't want to have to get on my knees again..so with all the help, i'm gonna go indigo asap...esp. since tom and you have been so helpful..

will keep you posted..

keith
      keithems
      [1976 c&c 30 mk 1]

Comment

• joe_db
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

I like the optical shutter system, you can swap back to points if it dies fairly easily. If you can scrounge an extra distributor plate you can do the swap in about 2 minutes
        I might be one of the lightning cases, my boat did get hit and the module did die, but not right that day. I swapped over to points, went on my way, and Tom sent a new module and all was well.
        My EI on my outboard died and it was just a dead hunk of metal, there was no field repair for that one!
        Joe Della Barba
        Coquina
        C&C 35 MK I
        Maryland USA

Comment

• keithems
          • Feb 2008

i bought the old one from you back in 2011, didn't I?

i'm considering installing it now, but i noticed what you sent me had an extra thingy...was that a resistor? looks like it had been fried....my a-4 is running fine now, so i'm wondering if i should install this or leave well enough alone...
          keithems
          [1976 c&c 30 mk 1]

Comment

• Dave Neptune
            Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
            • Jan 2007

Personally there is no way I would not "upgrade" my ignition system especially if I had one in hand !

Dave Neptune

Comment

• joe_db
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2009

Originally posted by keithems View Post
              i bought the old one from you back in 2011, didn't I?

i'm considering installing it now, but i noticed what you sent me had an extra thingy...was that a resistor? looks like it had been fried....my a-4 is running fine now, so i'm wondering if i should install this or leave well enough alone...
              Yes - not the lightning one, the one I got next.
              I don't recall a resistor, but you may want to get a new one if it is in bad shape and you might not need one depending on what coil you have.
              Joe Della Barba
              Coquina
              C&C 35 MK I
              Maryland USA

Comment

Working...
              X