View Single Post
  #7   IP: 47.142.133.234
Old 11-08-2020, 12:02 PM
Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou Sailor View Post
And when I started following the wires I looked at their order and they were installed to fire 1-2-3-4. Yes 1-2-3-4, NOT 1-2-4-3. I talked with the PO who had owned the boat for 10 years and had all of his work done at the same local boat yard. He always figured that the engine was just a little underpowered for a 34 ft boat. Well, I ordered an engine rotating tool from Ken at Moyer to reset the timing. It was about 110 deg off. We discussed it and he said that yes, an A4 will run on 2 cylinders, but will have no top end power. This boat has been running on 2 cylinders for over 10 years. Just WOW? Final result? I adjusted the timing and cranked her up and she sounds like an entirely new engine. Fair Winds!
Oh, the advantages of being a DIY mechanic.

The person I purchased my boat from in 1983 it was from the first owner after the boat was built in 1980. When I asked to look at the dipstick when I bought the boat the bozo didn't know where the dipstick was! I can say with confidence that I was the only person that touched the engine since the boat left the factory until I sold the boat year ago. No forum in those days. I was pretty much on my own.

ex TRUE GRIT

Last edited by JOHN COOKSON; 11-08-2020 at 12:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHN COOKSON For This Useful Post:
Bayou Sailor (11-08-2020)