X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

MDR, You are going to need to do some more analysis.

Usually, the water pump tucked in the back is raw water...can you trace the hose from the left side of the water pump to a thru-hull fitting? If you are not getting any water out of the exhaust, then the impeller may be in pieces and spread about in the engine.

Try to trace the hoses and let us know where they go. Normally on a raw water cooled motor, there is a hose that comes from a thru-hull to the water pump on the back side and then the hose coming out goes into the side plate on the stbd side of the motor. After going thru the motor, it ends up coming out various different designs of exhaust (depending on your boat). I am not familiar enough with an E-27 to know the exhaust design.

Pictures help a lot.
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• roadnsky
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2008

Here is a simple drawing showing what Shawn described
      Attached Files
      -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
      sigpic
      1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

Thank you, Jerry!
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• Sam
          Afourian MVP
          • Apr 2010

First thing I would do is check the water pump impeller - probably just change it to be sure I have a new one to start.

Comment

Working...
          X