View Single Post
  #18   IP: 74.78.81.28
Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 PM

Thanks Dave,

The boat is on the hard this year. I just didn't have the time I needed to use it with family obligations this summer. Births, weddings, and birthdays. My twin sisters celebrate their 60th in WI this month. That will include some time on Lake superior. One of my seven kids is stationed in Rome and I am spending the month of October in Italy to visit and get to know the youngest grand daughter who we only held for a week a year and a half ago when they were in D.C.. Another birth is due in November in Arkansas and I am trying to get the construction of a new house (kid magnet) started here on Mt. Desert Island. The Marshall Catboat is our only sail boat this season. We enjoy that boat, too.

While the I-28 is out I will drop the rudder and replace the cutless bearing. I want to inspect the rudder shaft for fatigue, too. The A-4 has been running well. Starts right up. Idles smoothly. I installed a heat exchanger when I installed the engine. It runs cool. Usually around 150. Perhaps hotter plugs? It has an EI. We rarely put 20 hours on the engine in a season.

I can inspect things while it is out of the water. Won't be able to test the results. I have a timing light and a tach and dwell. I will look at the advance weight.

Thanks,

George