Thread: Prop size
View Single Post
  #5   IP: 206.48.20.86
Old 01-18-2005, 02:47 PM

Jim,

The reference you saw regarding our recommendation of the CDI prop is quite old, and (more importantly) it predates the excellent prop developed and sold by Indigo Electronics. Each of the props has a group of loyal users, but I would have to say (as you have discovered) that there is considerably more enthusiasm for the Indigo prop in recent years than for the CDI.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your question regarding the relationship between your touchy reversing gear and the Indigo prop. Since the Indigo prop will undoubtedly allow you to reach a higher point on the power curve (which is a very good thing), you might discover that your forward clutch adjustment might slip at these higher outputs if it is a bit on the loose side at present.

On the other hand, at power settings below maximum available, you might find the increased efficiency of the Indigo prop to be a benefit in that it will convert more of your available power to thrust before reaching the point where your reversing gear starts to slip. I recommend that you check with Tom Stevens from Indigo on this second point. I could well be stretching my understanding of his test data. Tom's number is: (800) 428-8569.

Best regards,

Don Moyer