View Single Post
  #25   IP: 206.125.176.5
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Afourian MVP

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFLASH View Post
Romantic Comedy,

With those HUGE photos, I could not help but notice your cabin sole--cork. I have a 1975 Tartan 27 with (I think) the same type sole as yours. What design is your S/V? I would like to find a similar or better quality sheets of cork to redo mine. Best I have found is bulletin board stuff, or cork tiles. I think the tiles would be too busy. But I do like the cork. How about you? Wonder if any currently built boats use cork.

Mary
HotFlash

Mary,

I know it sounds weird, but check out Lumber Liquidators. They love their line of cork flooring.

I had them send me some samples (for home) and it did not do what I wanted it do for my application (I ended up with a maple laminate).

Anyway, they have lots of different styles/construction, that may suit your needs.

FYI, cork is environmentally responsible too..It is renewable because they only harvest the bark and the tree re-grows the bark in a few years and is not permanently damaged.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif