View Single Post
  #8   IP: 206.125.176.3
Old 09-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Afourian MVP

Lightbulb

hanley, I've ratcheted my alternator back down so that I am seeing 14v at the battery posts. - I've also switched to a 1.5 ohm coil with 1.5ohm resistor in place, following the recommendation of a Pertronix tech. (I also have a 3 ohm coil mounted and ready if needed.) I've only got one afternoon's use out of the motor...it worked OK so far.

Triton, I too have found that ASE doesn't seem to carry that regulator anymore. There is another possible source on ebay, but I haven't been able to match up the Motorola alternator's part number with a regulator just yet.

Try this ebay store - triodiode - the guy says to call him if they don't have what you need. He may be able to cross reference some part numbers to see if one of his regulators will work..I don't know enough about the subtleties of pairing alternators and regulators to make an informed opinion. He may also have a diode plate if you have in fact fried yours since you are seeing 18+v output. - Personally, I'd just take it to an alt. shop..it was the local Mennonites that brought the adjustable regulator to my attention in the first place.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif