View Single Post
  #14   IP: 96.245.193.169
Old 12-01-2022, 11:07 PM
Frequent Contributor

Progress update: going is slow, I've got two toddlers pulling me in other directions. Luckily they still like to get down on the boat and help dad hold a flashlight and grab tools. It adds time, but gets them involved.

I ran a new fuel line from the pump directly into a separate external tank, still had the same issue with real low fuel pressure. So the issue is clearly the pump. I yanked it off and brought it home to look at it on my work bench. No obvious problems like incorrectly installed check valves, no obvious leaks. The top doesn't appear warped, and the sediment bowl is serviceable. I also closely inspected the rocker arm where it contacts the pusher rod from the engine, it also appeared to be serviceable with no noticeable wear.

I plan to remount it to the engine and see if fuel pressure improves. I am not hopeful since I didn't find anything wrong. Any last ideas on items to check before throwing up my hands and changing to the electric pump? Is there a way to check that the pusher arm driving the pump from the engine is traveling the proper distance?

Thanks for all the advice and input so far!