View Single Post
  #85   IP: 134.41.129.111
Old 10-18-2021, 04:05 PM
Afourian MVP

Boat hauled, time to winterize.

This morning, myself and two friends hauled 3 boats and parked them for the winter. It was the best season I'd had in 4 years and I logged either close or over 1700 nautical miles. Most of that day sailing with a 16 day "vacation" trip thrown in there.

Odyssey did well, weathered a couple of pretty good blows underway while on holiday and the Atomic 4 held her ground without difficulty. This week I will run through my winterization checks and balances and ensure she good for winter. The plan is to also put on my bottom paint in the next few days. It's much warmer in the fall here than spring and ablative paint can go on at anytime.

Been a good year, no major issues....after this week I'll be twiddling my thumbs looking for things to do on her. Did a lot of upgrades, replacing worn items etc during her last layup and don't expect much this year.

All the best.

Edit: day after pulling the boat. All of my maintenance checks are done, engine is winterized, plumbing ie water tanks were drained prior to taking the boat out. I just have to do the routine things now like take off gear, sails, and set my rig for the winter with the mast still up. Easy stuff.

"Odyssey"
1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
The optimist expects it to change.
The realist adjusts the sails.
...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Last edited by Mo; 10-19-2021 at 01:33 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mo For This Useful Post:
sastanley (10-18-2021), TimBSmith (10-18-2021), W2ET (10-18-2021)