Thread: Indigo
View Single Post
  #7   IP: 71.252.1.221
Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Afourian MVP

Thumbs up wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Neptune View Post
Not my fault, Shawnyou bought it! All kidding aside you'll love it, especially how quiet it is in the water and how much steadier the rudder will be.
You gonna try the galvanic "clean albeit sacraficial prop" application? I still use a zinc and have my diver keep it brushed clean.

Dave Neptune

Dave,
I will do the zinc. I get claustrophobic under boats, but I can usually get up enough courage to scrape my own prop with my mask. (you veterans of the forum may remember, when I first bought the boat it was so slow & sluggish that I had a diver buddy with air clean it the first time & it made a world of difference). - The C-30 stock prop has TONS of prop wash on the rudder and it is noisy, etc...we'll see how it goes. I like the little winglets, and not being an engineer, but an observant consumer, it appears they should disperse some of the wash I get from the OEM 12" prop so close to the hull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I don't know about glazed donuts but if we look at the pictures carefully, there seems to be a case of beer, some Pepsi and cat food. With a prop like that, it's over for the donuts.
You guys don't miss anything!!!
Don't forget the Coke Zero - I like to mix that in with my Sailor Jerry - I took this pic in the garage...I also get the luxury of the "old" front door welcome mats at the garage entrance as my wife changes seasons, and the cat came with the wife. She's a pretty good cat though, and we are thinking about taking the cat cruising with us, and that comes from a dog guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keelcooler View Post
That's a keeper Shawn. I need one so I can brake my 1500 rpm ceiling. Please tell us the deal details $.
I don't want to give all of the details away out of respect, but Tom @ Indigo contacted me after following the "CDI prop" thread and offered me a deal that worked for my C-30 with a 1" shaft. I do know he had a couple other units, so give him a shout. I also bought the oil change/filter kit which I had been eyeing too...this might take care of my oil pressure problem, since Tom has hardware included to replace the stock Universal oil pressure ball regulator thingie.

I am in talks with my yard friend now about prop change...probably next month...gotta get the stick up first! It is still a sailboat!!!!

Ok - so maybe this pic will help Kelly. Notice, I try to not let the soda take too much room in the beer fridge....

edit- I will make a comment that one of my biggest concerns with this prop was it being a big-huge-three-bladed prop that I was dragging around under my sailboat all the time...it is NOT a big huge prop, and it is (speaking from a relative perspective) kinda small...which is GREAT for sailing. Sometimes pictures on the Internet are all about perspective...I have friends that know Tom and trust his engineering...which is why I jumped on the deal for this prop.
Attached Images

"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 04-22-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: multi-quoting & more pictures!
The Following User Says Thank You to sastanley For This Useful Post:
capn ken (04-15-2023)