View Single Post
  #18   IP: 173.30.41.140
Old 04-19-2018, 08:59 AM

Afsam, I understand your frustration, I've experienced some with this silly engine myself.

One thing I discovered was these engines will run deceivingly well on 3 cylinders or with minor leaks in the head gasket. On mine, I experienced two problem. The first was two cylinders had gunk interfering with valve seating. This was easy to ldentify with a compression test. The second problem was leaking from the other two cylinders. That I identified with a bleed down test. The pressure loss could indicate bad rings, worn cylinder, or as in my case, a bad head gasket.

Why I mention this is a bleed down test will show a leak from the cylinders and could give you a clue as to if your head gasket is leaking and allowing water in. It might also allow you to isolate the section of engine where the problem lies.

Another option is you might try a pressure test on your cooling system. A quick 15 psi test showed I had leakage in my engine which turned out to be the head gasket.

FYI, neither of these test will identify if it's a cracked block versus a leaking head gasket, but they will give you path or eliminate some possibilities.