View Single Post
  #12   IP: 173.79.67.242
Old 07-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. With the new polishing filter right before the carb I would hope not to have any perceptible contaminants. Fuel lines are less than 10 years old but I did just purchase enough to do a full replacement if needed. . .

In my Tartan's setup, draining the bowl is a real PIA with very poor access to the drain plug and no real room to hold a container underneath. Has anyone replaced their bowl drain plug with some sort of fitting to make things easier to drain? In my setup I could see installing a brass 90degree fitting with a hose barb on it to connect to a short length of hose and then to an inline shutoff and then to a longer hose to allow easy draining into a container.

This would be an easy way to inspect the fuel quality actually seen at the carb itself. End of the season carb draining would be a piece of cake and if the needle does get held open by some junk a few moments of flushing with the bowl drain open should do the trick.

Of course its another failure point but given my current difficulties it seems like a useful addition!

Off to the boat to install the shutoff valve before the carb; so what if its 100 degrees!